Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why am I Doing This? (Continued)

It is now Thursday of the second week of school. We didn't have classes on Monday due to labor day. On Wednesday there were no classes that went past four and on Thursday there were none at all--it's some Jewish holiday. Up to this morning I was stressing out mad about my courses, but now they're coming together. I dropped three and am in the process of adding three more that should work much better for me. I sure learned my lesson about lecture courses: never again. Really I'm sick of being told what to do. Can't we decide collectively? Damn academic hypocrites. Anti-capitalists who lecture and impose unrealistic assignments assignments on their students are absurd. It's funny, only it's not because it affects real people. Shame on you, hypocrites.

Of course I'm still really into studying Utopia. I want to Eugene Lang College to offer a course based on the Real Utopias Project next semester. I'll email the dean about this after I'm done with this post. Besides Utopia I'm into humanistic psychology, phenomenology, and existentialism--and of course the application of all this. It's really lame that there are no humanistic psychology course offered at The New School. I guess I'll either be on my own for that or will have to wait for grad school to take courses on it. I hope at least there will be a class on existentialism that fits in my schedule next semester. We shall see.

So I'm about to start reading Ira Progoff's At a Journal Workshop: The basic text and guide for using the Intensive Journal process. I figured it's time for this. I need to develop more internally. This past week and a half has gotten to me too much. It's not rational and it's not healthy. I hope this book really helps. I've heard good things about it from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment