Saturday, August 28, 2010

Why am I Doing This?

School is about to start up again. I'm looking to finalize my schedule. I need one more class. I'm trying to do some kind of education internship for my last class. Hopefully it'll work out well. But I have something more important to say. I've realized that what I really want to explore in my studies are questions related to purpose. Why am I at school studying the particular phenomena I'm studying? Why am I living my life the way I'm living it? Is there a better way? What does it mean to act on principle? How would my principles demand I deal with the educational system I'm studying within? I suppose I should take a class on existentialism, but I'm not gonna be at school at 9 in the morning on Fridays. That would be against my principles.

You see, I get this feeling of absurdity when I think about the way things are done at my school. "Why should I do this?" I am constantly asking myself. Oh, I know the professors wouldn't have good answers. They mostly just follow what existed before them. This is the reason they assign papers the way they do. Ah, but this shouldn't affect me negatively anymore. I should know how to deal with these absurdities by now. So I'm cool. I just need to focus on my real goals. I need to focus on what I want to devote my life to. This means simply doing what's necessary for those goals.

I believe in the power of knowledge. I believe that through exposure to insightful information the world can be transformed. This process isn't running nearly as strongly as it should, therefore, being one that realizes this, I feel obligated to do everything in my power to get this process running as it ought. The way I see it, this task is essentially one of information creating and distribution. So this is what I need to do.

To be continued . . . (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment