I moved out of my old place yesterday and am temporarily staying with a friend until my new place becomes available. Hopefully this move will be the one that actually works out. The third time is the charm, right? But I'm in the suburbs right now, not New York City. I liked it here before due to the many trees and large spread out homes, but now I realize that it feels claustrophobic without the quick access to just about anything, which one has living in most parts of New York City.
I have to figure out what to do during the week I'll be here. I don't think I have my journal with me. I 'll have to check. But a week without my journal would be really frustrating. That's my outlet. If indeed I don't have it I'll likely be blogging a lot more. But back to what I'm going to do this week. Perhaps now is the time to work on my essay for my sociology class. I've been trying to figure out what is worth writing about. I might have the right idea in my head. I'm going to apply the phenomenological point of view to understanding how institution change and solidify. But I also want this work to be very relevant to what we need in today's world for substantive positive change. I think I just need to get writing.
Lets see, what else? Not much actually, just the same old thing. I've been thinking about graduate school and moving out of New York. I'm thinking moving to Seattle and attending the University of Washington for grad school is the thing to do. Though I really like the Economics and Philosophy program at Erasmus University in Rotterdam. I'd like to study there for at least a little while. We'll see what I figure out.
I'm off now. Peace.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment