I have things I can do that seem interesting, but I always think to myself "what am I doing this for?" What is it going to accomplish? Who is it for? Whose life is it going to improve? What process will it improve? I'm not one who can easily do things "just because." So I have a cool book I'm reading about Utopia written by Martin Buber. I'm almost done, but it's not as easy to get into as before. I don't know why I'm reading it. I know it's important for me to learn about these things so that I can then implement the knowledge, but the path from A to B is not clear in my head. I suppose I desperately want more concreteness in my life at this point. I want social payoff for the work I do. Where is it? Maybe if I synthesize these ideas into my consultant work. Maybe I can work all this stuff into my consultancy framework.
There is another giant factor. I want to share my work with others. I want my work to be valuable to others. I want to be part of a genuine learning community. I'm working on getting something like this organized. Wish me luck. Though I should add that I AM optimistic about this. I've been meeting good people this semester and I figure if I just keep on talking to people about this eventually we'll have an adequately sized group. So a genuine learning community is what I'm after. It's really not that complex of an idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment