Sunday, July 4, 2010

New York Friends

Most people bore me. This does not make life easy. I don't even feel motivated to make a special effort to meet new people anymore because they're most likely going to be boring anyway. I'm really picky with people. It's not that I dislike everyone, it's just that it's really hard for me to find someone who can entertain me. I've been in New York for almost a year now and I still don't have any real friends. Maybe one. This doesn't seem right to me. I should have more friends by now. I wonder if the other big cites have this same feel to it when it comes to social relationships. My impression is no. But I'm mixing issues here. I'm supposed to be talking about how most people bore me. Though I suppose I'd also like to be able to meet more people on a regular basis. But I DO meet people. I don't know what exactly the problem is. Is it that I don't have very more in common with most people? I know this is true. I don't watch many movies, nor much tv; my music taste is very unusual; but there's more to life than this stuff, right?

Maybe things will get better soon. Maybe I just need to be patient a little longer. Or maybe not. Where would things be "good" though? What city? What town? Where would I feel socially happy? I'd like to live in Seattle sometime. I wonder if that would be better. Or maybe San Diego would be better the second time around. But why would people be less boring in other cities?

So life has been unfulfilling lately. I'm not at all fond of this. There are "exciting" things happening, but who cares? Those things keep me occupied for a time, but that's not what I'm looking for in life. I'm not looking to be occupied, I'm looking to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment