I've felt freer with my decisions lately. It's weird, usually I think hard before I act, but I've been more "oh what the hell" lately. It gets tiring stressing over every little decision. Let me live! And so it's nice to be free, though there is still much thinking to do; there are still big problems to solve that are not going to solve themselves. And so I'm pursuing a productive yet joyful way of being.
But I'm supposed to write about music here! I'm listening to Nena right now. She's German. I really love this song Wir Sind Wahr. I'm also a big fan of Roger O'Donnell's Tiny Little Pieces. You see, music I really like does something special to me. Other things are fun too, but outside of love I don't know what compares to great music.
I've been thinking a lot about those little things in life and how they are really at the core of the big things. We invent all these huge problems, yet at the end it's really about those particular things that bring us happiness. What we want is more positive stimulation and less negative stimulation. But how do we do this? How do we get around the chains of all of those obligations? Is this the real challenge? Or rather, is it figuring out what really makes us happy? Ask yourself: "What makes me happy?" What is keeping you from attaining that happiness? Are the answers clear? I hope they are, though they sure are not with me.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment