Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Improving One's Environment
I'm realizing how important it is for me to create the right environment for myself. I'm reading Durkheim's The Division of Labor in Society and am listening to my old music. I need an environment that allows me to make music on a regular basis. I need to be able to compose and sing when I feel like it. It is not fun being cooped up in an apartment with no stereo system other than my laptop. I feel that I could get a lot more work done if I was in the right environment. This idealized environment would calm me down and allow me to read for longer periods of time, rather than being distracted by a snack break here and an email check there. In this new environment those activities would lose importance. Or maybe not. I don't know; I just know that things could be better than they are. I need an environment that is much better optimized to my particular psychophysiology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment