Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Back!

I am blogging once again. I apologize for the month long delay. I am now out of my existential crisis--at least the extreme version. There was a ten day period where I was a serious mess. The despair became part of my bloodstream and I felt as if I was a prisoner within my own body. The questions were endlessly circling within my head, even in my dreams while I slept. But I snapped out of it! I said “No!” “I’m not going to think about this anymore!” That’s the way it had to go down. I wasn’t going to come to any conclusions by continuing to think the same questions. I knew the only rational decision would by to accept the mystery and move on with my life. Perhaps in the future, the answers would come to ME. “I must be patient.” I thought.

Once I had regained my sanity I slowly began reading again. Peter Gay’s “The Enlightenment: An Interpretation, Volume 1: The Rise of Modern Paganism.” It was just what the doctor ordered: there’s nothing like Enlightenment history to get an aspiring Philosophe up and running again.

I finished Peter Gay’s book a few days ago. Additionally, while reading that book I also read and finished Russell Jacoby’s “The End of Utopia: Politics and Culture in an Age of Apathy” and “Picture Imperfect: Utopian Thought for an Anti-Utopian Age” and Rob Riemen’s “Nobility of Spirit: A Forgotten Ideal.” They were all good books, especially Nobility of Spirit.

I can’t spend all my time reading anymore though because I have to get my personal statement for my college apps written. Those of you who know me well know how long it takes me do complete stuff like that. I want to get it over with though so that I can start working on the first draft of my book. Indeed it finally feels like the time is right for that.

Well that’s it for now, but I’ll probably be blogging again soon. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment