I’m waiting for my clothes to dry and don’t have my journal me with nor feel like reading. Thus, I figured it would be a convenient time to write another blog.
I’m pretty much over my existential crisis. No, I haven’t figured it all out, but I’m now pretty comfortable with knowing that I have an immortal soul and that these questions about existence are absolutely mind blowing. Additionally, after going through all this I feel a different connection to the world. I feel less attached due to the expanded perspective I’ve gained. It’s very liberating. Things that would really get to me in the past, such as organizing my school schedule, don’t stress me out very much any more. I just put the issue into perspective and realize how small it is. I should also add two sources I’ve been gaining inspiration from. One is a film I saw called “Into the Wild” and the other is a book I’m reading called “Standing in the Light: My Life as a Pantheist” by Sharman Apt Russell. I would describe what they’re about, but that seems like a waste of my time in this internet age.
Alright, so I want to give everyone the 411 of what’s going on with me these days. There are two main projects I’m working on. The first is a book tentatively titled “The Deep Crisis of the Present and the Need for a Flexible Society.” What I’m trying to do with this is synthesize my principal ideas concerning social scientific issues. I don’t want to outline the whole book, but I plan on dealing with lifestyles, happiness, our society’s metaphysical assumptions, institutions, human nature, purpose, the problem with academia, models for progress, etc. The second project (which I will probably end up merging with the first) is a study of the history of enlightenment ideals in the United States. And one more main project on my list, but that I haven’t really started yet, is a study of existentialism, which I will also probably end up merging with the first project. So all of these cool projects have kept me in a very positive state of being. Thank you, world.
The last thing I should mention is that I’m working on my fall 09 college transfer applications. I am applying to Cornell University, Clark University, the Gallatin School of Individualized Study at NYU, the Eugene Lang School for the Liberal Arts at New School University, and Pitzer College. I have no clue where I’ll end up, but I am really looking forward to taking this next step.
I have more to say, but I have to get going, so I’ll have to end here for now. I wish you all the very best in peace and happiness. May the force of truth be with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment