I feel very anxious right now. Being part of the Los Angeles StartingBloc Institute for Social Innovation (2/16 - 2/20) really amped me up, but I'm having trouble productively channeling that energy. I've had some great Skype chats with StartingBloc Fellows, but can't wait to do something concrete. I've had plenty of ideas for a long time, but have not done much with them.
Partly to blame is my problem choosing an identity. I want to be a serious scholar, but also active making changes in the world. Moreover, there are many types of scholarship I am interested in as well as many types of social changes I am interested in. I want to study economics, sociology, psychology, and philosophy of social science. I want to promote deep and critical thinking, educate about the European Enlightenment, promote non-polemical dialogue, promote student-centered education, promote humanistic organizational structures, create a framework to facilitate knowledge gathering about social issues and to help organizations and individuals collaborate on tackling those issues (If you're a talented information designer passionate about positive social change, please come work with me). I need my life to be rich in scholarship, conversation, collaboration, and production. When one of those elements is weak, it hinders the development of the rest. Okay, I have an idea; I'm gonna go try again now!
Friday, March 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:)
ReplyDelete