After complaining about boredom, my friend asked: "In what way could you grow or adapt around the boredom?" At first it seemed like a silly question, but then after thinking about it a bit I figured that I might gain something from blogging about my boredom. You see, I've suffered from boredom for a long time. Reading books and blogs can only entertain me for so long. I would have music too make too, but my music computer broke. Even then, I don't think adding that activity to my repertoire would solve the problem. It would help, but not solve it.
What I've been missing all of these years is a sufficient dose of engaging social interaction. Perhaps if I lived in a house with all of my most engaging friends, I'd be set, but that's unrealistic. And then even if I did figure out how to make that happen, it might still not work. You see, what I seek is deep personal and intellectual conversation. I want conversation that develops the intellectual thought of those involved. I want conversation that opens up the cores of the participants. I want to get to the most basic essence of the other. I want to understand their most basic desires and fears. I want to reach the solidarity that develops when that core is reached--that solidarity based on the realization that deep down inside we are essentially the same.
I wonder if other people seek this level of intimacy. The idea probably freaks out a good number of people. But surely there are some up their that share my desire. I don't know what the roots of it are. Perhaps this desire of mine came into being through my psychological development. I really don't know.
Another thing that engages me is problem solving. I think it would be nice to work on solving important problems with others. I suppose this hits more at the world of work than the world of friendship, but it can exist in both worlds [though if within the world of friendship, the activity itself could still be technically defined as work (in this case we ought to ponder whether it would be a positive development to complete some proportion of economic production through friend-based teams)].
Well I don't know what else there is to say, so I'll end here. Perhaps I'll be back soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can relate to this dude, same wave length. Great post.
ReplyDelete