The thought of working most jobs frightens me. Yes, the obligation of performing monotonous tasks day in and day out is a big reason for this. However, an even greater reason has to do with the opportunity cost of working a job. Even if the job is fun, one still must give up the potential for what could have alternatively been created during that time. If one is seeking only their own pleasure in life, finding a fun job would be ideal. However, I am primarily seeking the maximization of collective happiness. I therefore feel very uncomfortable when I must devote my time to activities that I do not view as the most essential for the achievement of that goal.
Being stuck doing tasks below my greatest utilitarian potential would plague my mind with a feeling of forced immorality. This is precisely what I fear. Hopefully I'll find an economic role that steers me clear of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment