I will not let the world defeat me. I can fight back powerfully with my mind. Here we see my mind at work: words, its representation. Words carry ideas and feelings. They can enlighten and alter emotional states; they are agents of change. So what I am doing right now is altering the world, in however slight a way, yet still. And I will continue doing it. I will continue changing the world. Because I refuse to give up and I refuse to accept what is. The world is a daunting place full of nastiness. Unfortunately most people's lives aren't structured in a way that will lead them through a relatively simple path to understanding of the world. On the contrary, most of us are left to deal with the chaos with solely a stick and a rock. It's a harsh situation. It is an unjust situation. Most do not persevere. But we must persevere; and we can persevere. Be courageous; and then be more courageous. And view particular failures as checks on the list. Lack of failure is really the scariest: it means one is not even trying. So I will continue writing these words. And they will get me somewhere. And I will get better at writing these words. And they will get me somewhere better.
Existence never stops. I open my eyes, unplug my ears, come down from levitation, and take a breath: unmistakably I sense existence. It is there, waiting for me. Always, waiting for me. I suppose it is incredibly kind in that sense. It sits there and waits, for me to build the right relationship with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really enjoyed this post Christian. There are some really powerful insights embedded within; they sound so Buddhist to me :)
ReplyDeleteIt also comes at a really relevant time in my life...having some of the same issues that might prompt such a post. So thanks for the inspiration.
m
Ah yes, existence never ceases so why not thrive and blossom within it and dance to the beat of life!
ReplyDelete